About North Conway, New Hampshire
North Conway, New Hampshire, located only two and a half hours north of Boston, is a charming New England village and the central point of activity in the White Mountains. This "Capital of the Mt. Washington Valley" boasts the largest concentration of shopping, restaurants and recreational facilities in the White Mountains.
Shops and stores abound in North Conway. If shopping is your passion, you won't have time for anything else. North Conway offers over 50 factory outlet stores in addition to its country stores, boutiques and antique shops. This New England village has it all.
Nearly 100 restaurants and cafes include family restaurants, fine dining, international cuisine, pubs, taverns and coffee shops.
Visitor attractions include:
- Eastman Lord House Museum
- Echo Lake State Park: 2 miles west of North Conway, off Route 302; features White Horse Ledge and 700' Cathedral Ledge, both rock-climbing hotspots, as well as a beach and picnic area
- Conway Scenic Railroad and Railroad Museum: The tracks were laid in 1870, and the striking Victorian North Conway Depot on Main Street was built in 1874 by the Portsmouth Great Falls & Conway railroad. The line was in regular use for passenger service until 1961; the station and tracks have now been restored and are used for 11-mile excursions using steam and diesel locomotives.
- Mt. Washington Weather Discovery Center showcases Mt. Washington's "harshest weather conditions in North America" on Main Street in North Conway.
- Mount Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce is located at 1267 Main Street in North Conway 603-356-5701, 800-367-3364.
- Summer repertory theatre: Mount Washington Valley Theatre Company at the Eastern Slope Inn Playhouse
- Schouler Park concerts
North Conway is a shopper's TAX-FREE paradise with one of the biggest outlet centers in the Northeast, lining Route 16 between North Conway and Conway: Settler's Green Outlet Village, White Mountain Outlets and Tanger Outlet Center offer LL Bean, Red Barn, Anne Klein, Banana Republic, Calvin Klein, J. Crew, Liz Claiborne, Oneida and more; and quaint, eclectic shops throughout North Conway Village stock everything from sporting goods to handcrafts.